We’re committed to supporting our Bahamian community through scholarship opportunities, both locally and globally.
Through the establishment of the scholarship program, we welcome Bahamian students to experience an exceptional King’s College School education focused on developing the whole student.
To be eligible for a scholarship candidate should:
- Be of Bahamian nationality.
- Be joining at the beginning of any given academic year, Year 5 or above. In exceptional circumstances, a scholarship maybe awarded for a lower year level.
- Demonstrate the potential to enrich our school community academically or with their sporting and creative talents, as evidenced by the process outlined below.
- Demonstrate the need of financial support to meet the cost of the fees. Candidates might be:
- Currently attending a government school, where they have been for at least a full academic year.
- Currently attending a private school whilst in receipt of a scholarship.
- Able to demonstrate financial need via a process set out by the school.
All candidates must submit their applications, inclusive of two references, to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org by 28/02/2023.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to sit an entrance exam (reasoning assessment).
Those who reach the required academic standard in the entrance exam will be invited for an interview (for academic and art scholarships), audition (for music and drama performance scholarships) or trials (for sport scholarships) with the relevant specialist teachers in charge of that area.
These are awarded to the pupils who perform at the highest level in the entrance exam and at interview. Successful candidates must demonstrate intellectual curiosity and acumen, and excellent academic achievement or potential.